Eats to be Eaten
I am starting a list of places I want to eat. All are in Sacramento unless otherwise noted.
- Espanol (5723 Folsom Blvd)
- Gaesorn (1015 9th St)
- The Wienery (715 56th St)
- Sofia (815 11th St)
- The Highlander (5990 South Land Park Dr) - I heard a rumor that it has closed.
- Il Fornaio (400 Capitol Mall)
- Pasty Shack ( 4746 J S)
- Chargin's (4900 J St)
- Socal's Tavern (5200 Folsom Blvd)
- Nationwide Freezer Meats (1930 H St)
- Frasinetti Winery (7395 Frasinetti Rd)
- MacQue's (8101 Elder Creek Rd)
- El Novillero (4216 Franklin Blvd)
- Ma Jong's (L and 15th)
- Mason's (L and 15th)
- Kabul Kabobs (on J between 7th & 8th)
- Mr. Pickles (3200 Folsom Blvd. or 1420 65th St.) - eaten 7/15/06. We chose the 3200 Folsom Blvd. location -- the former site of Merlino's Freeze. My sandwich (#12) was huge and tasty. Chris had the #13 (the "Mr. Pickles") and seemed to have a similar reaction, although they forgot to put avocado on it, which is pretty lame. Maybe they'd given up serving avocado after the News & Review's use of the word "unctuous" in their review of the place. Although a meaning of "unctuous" is "buttery", the more common usage is to describe a smarmy person. So perhaps they misinterpreted. We even shared a small orange Merlino's freeze for dessert. Yummy!
- Andiamo, before it closes (at the end of May)! - eaten 5/20/06. I don't mind that it's closing.
- Nopalitos, eaten 5/3/06. Really good! I had the Tinga Chicken Tostada, for the record. (5530 H St.)
New Thai place in the old KFC building on J Street Siam Restaurant, eaten on 3/25/2006. Review: I had the Siam Rolls and the Pad Ginger Chicken. Really good, lots of subtle flavors. Food and service much better than Thai Basil's. (3672 J St.)
- Greek Village Inn, eaten 3/25/2006. Really tasty, especially the saganaki ("opa!" has finally been heard in Sac!). But it's a tad too expensive to put in regular rotation. Maybe we'll check out the lunch sometime. (65 University Ave at Howe)